Saturday, August 13, 2011

If you can imagine it, you can do it, expecially if you are 2...

Just a late night thought after spending some quality time with my little guy....

I love to watch Brentyn. I love his imagination. Spending hours walking a fake balloon animal doggie, going night-night in the bathtub, & pretending he is a ferocious dinosaur taking one pretzel at a time as his helpless victims. It makes me wonder where mine went and why I can't have it back? He is never bored, and 9 times out of 10 happy with what is keeping him occupied. I won't say that I have much time to be bored but I sure do not enjoy 9 things out of 10 that I have to do. I wish for even 1 day I could have his imagination. Just think how much more enjoyable washing the dishers could be if I could really trick my mind into thinking the sponge was a scuba diver and the soaking dishes burried treasure...

pretending to go night-night in the tub


Aaaaaand- I know that I really won't find much enjoyment actually trying out the above mentioned theory, but I do think there are things I could do to kind of find a happy medium. So from this day forward, I am going to try to make at least 1 sucky chore a day into something more exciting- using Brentyn as my inspiration.

Children are soooo free, imaginative, passionate, and happy-go-lucky. While you are growing up and are so busy learning new things you forgot so many things, essential things you inately knew as a kid. While our purpose as parents is to teach them and help them grow, I really think we could all learn a thing or 2 from our kids. And not just how to be parents, but how to be better people.



No comments:

Post a Comment